sql connection exception when opening poker ace hud

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

sql connection exception when opening poker ace hud

Postby Steve Ford » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 am

I went to postgresql 8.3 and pt3 a while back and now I am trying to get my old poker ace hud working because I wan to play on bodog again. Problem is. I have the 8.3 db stopped. I reinstalled 8.2 to get it back on the default port because just switching it in pgadmin wasn't seeming to work. So i have the db running and I have converted a blank access database to postgresql 8.2. That all went happy happy joy joy. Now when I open poker ace hud I get this exact message.

SQL Connection Exception: Failed to connect to datasource: FATAL: database "PTOPGSQL2" does not exist

If I click ok on that and go into Poker Ace Hud and look at my database for holdem I see avail database BODOG (postgreSQL) which is what I see in poker tracker.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.
Steve Ford
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: sql connection exception when opening poker ace hud

Postby Steve Ford » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am

nvr mind. figured it out. in case somebody searches for this problem later and finds this post the problem is in your odbc entries. find the one with the name it says it can't find and change the name of the database that entry is trying to hit to match the name of your database (the one with all the tales) so that your pointing the odbc entry poker ace hud uses to your actual database.
Steve Ford
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: sql connection exception when opening poker ace hud

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks for letting us know - glad you have it working!
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests