cache didn't work so I stopped program

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby robrick39 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 am

Just did a reinstall recently and was working ok.
Yesterday I decided to enable the database cache.
After about 3 hours I stopped the program and terminated the cache building.
I figured it shouldn't take so long to work as I don't have more than 150,000 hands saved.

Now program won't work.
When I turnrd it on it just kept trying to load, got an error message and I had to stop it again.
Do I need to uninstall the program and reinstall or what?

Thanks,
robrick39
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby kraada » Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 am

Edit the C:\Program Files\PokerAce HUD\Data\Config\PAHud.cfg file and set UseCache=N (it's under the [Databases] section), then save the file and restart PAHUD and that will disable the cache.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby robrick39 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:21 am

kraada wrote:Edit the C:\Program Files\PokerAce HUD\Data\Config\PAHud.cfg file and set UseCache=N (it's under the [Databases] section), then save the file and restart PAHUD and that will disable the cache.


I did this in wordpad and when I tried to save the file it wouldn't let me.
Do I have to open the file in a different way so it can be changed?

robrick39
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby kraada » Tue May 19, 2009 11:49 am

Are you using Vista? If so, click Start --> Accessories, and hold ctrl+shift and then click Wordpad, then you should be able to open and save the file properly.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby robrick39 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Yes I am using Vista
I did as you said,
ctrl/shift & open wordpad, and it didn't work.
Please help

Thanks,
robrick39
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby kraada » Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Follow the steps of this tutorial and take ownership of the PAHud.cfg file then you should be able to edit and save it properly.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby robrick39 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:58 pm

I went to the tutorial and read it at least 3 times and I didn't feel confident enough to try it.
I don't want to get involved in changing things on my computer when I'm not sure of what I am doing.

Why can't I simply uninstall the program and then reinstall it using the existing code that you sent to me?

Thank you for all the time you have given me so far but I'm just not the kind of person that changes files I know nothing about.
If it isn't possible to do a reinstall then I will have to live without this program.

Thank you
robrick39
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby kraada » Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

You could try that as well; make sure you have UAC disabled before reinstalling, though.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby robrick39 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Thank you so much for your help.
I reinstalled with no problem and am back to normal.
All of your solutions were excellent and showed your experience and dedication to the product.

robrick39
robrick39
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: cache didn't work so I stopped program

Postby kraada » Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 am

I'm glad to hear everything is working properly for you now. If you have any further issues, you know how to find me :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests