Page 1 of 1

PAH Has died & I don't know why

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 am
by JerryDee
I wasn't playing on any sites for a while, I mostly use PAH on Full Tilt, and sometimes on Stars. I logged in to Full Tilt the other night, ran into a problem with PT, and downloaded the FT patch. When I went to use PAH it locked up, and I had to use task manager to kill it. I tried again, got a 2nd window saying "Updating Database Cache", but there is negligible CPU usage, and eventually I have to task manager it out to kill it. I never had any PAH problems previously. I downloaded the newest beta version and no change. The main window doesn't see the open table. I tried opening PAH without PT or FT open, and get the same Updating Cache window, but nothing happens. Using Vista, all programs are Admin. Any idea what's up? Thanks in advance.

Re: PAH Has died & I don't know why

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:59 am
by kraada
Edit the C:\Program Files\PAHud\Data\Config\PAHud.cfg file and set UseCache to N and see if you can get things working then.

Re: PAH Has died & I don't know why

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:59 pm
by JerryDee
Thanks, that worked. Any consequences of running with cache disabled?

Re: PAH Has died & I don't know why

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:52 am
by WhiteRider
Running without the cache will likely make the HUD slower to update, but if you're not noticing any problems then it doesn't matter.

To try the cache again:
With PAH not running, delete the 2 cache files. C:\Program Files\PokerAce Hud\Data\Temp\DBCachexxx.*
Then re-enable the cache and restart PAH and this will force a full rebuild of the cache. (this can take a while for large databases so you might want to do it overnight if you have a lot of hands in your DBs.)
If that doesn't work, use the 'repair database' option in PT2 Utilities menu and try again.