SQL Connection Exception

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

SQL Connection Exception

Postby EitherOr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:04 pm

I use PAHUD with PTO, and whenever I start it now I get the following error:

SQL Connection Exception: Failed to connect to datasource: serever closed the connection unexpectedly
This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request

I'm running v1.19.10.2 beta. Hands are being imported into PTO fine but nothing is showing up at all on HUD.

Thanks
EitherOr
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby kraada » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Please try upgrading to Beta 1.19.10.3 and see if that fixes the issue for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby EitherOr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:56 pm

That hasn't made any difference, I still get the same error.
EitherOr
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby kraada » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Please click Options --> Preferences, and look in the Databases -> Omaha section. Do you see any databases listed there?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby EitherOr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Yes, there are three listed, two of which have never been used. The one I use is highlighted.
EitherOr
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby kraada » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm

What firewall/anti-virus software are you using?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby EitherOr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Norton 360. It's only been installed a month or so, but PAHUD worked perfectly following installation for 1k+ hands
EitherOr
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:01 am

Please check the Norton section of our Firewall Guide - this refers to PT3 but the same applies for PAH.

Also if you are using Vista please make sure that you are running PAH as well as PT2 and your poker site(s) as Administrator.
Attention Microsoft Vista Users
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby EitherOr » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I've changed the access details in Norton, although I'm pretty sure they were fine anyway (PT3 runs without any issues). I run everything as Admin in Vista anyway and have UAC turned off.

Now when I run PAHUD it is asking me to register again, saying the trial period has ended. I got a new reg code when I changed PCs in November (which I have used 2 or 3 times following various problems with my PC since), but it now won't let me register at all.

I haven't had a problem using PT3 at all, and PTO itself is working fine.
EitherOr
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: SQL Connection Exception

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:14 am

We had a problem with the PAH registration server.

WhiteRider wrote:Anyone that is affected can use this temporary code which will expire on Monday:
3F94A5-938BE1-E339A6-59A6E9
At which point, your records should be updated and you should switch back to your normal code.


After you see your "SQL Connection Exception: Failed to connect to datasource: serever closed the connection unexpectedly
This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request" message, have a look in Task Manager > Processes.
Do you see any postgres.exe processes?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest