Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

The original PokerTracker Omaha.

Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

Postby fmny » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 am

I just installed PT3 and postgres 8.3.3 on my new laptop. Those seem to be working ok. I also installed PTO and want to restore my old DB but I cannot. I keep getting asked for a password when I click restore even though I've already made the md5 to trust change in the config file. What else do I need to do?
fmny
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

Postby ptrack mike » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 am

Are you running everything as administrator, assuming you use Vista?
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

Postby fmny » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 am

I've got all PT programs running as administrator on Vista. I did the properties > advanced > tick run as administrator. If I need to run postgres as an administrator then I don't know how to do that as it is running as a service. This password reappearing when trying to restore does not look like an isolated case. I found that it happened to someone else in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11192&p=52491

See the second to last post of the thread "Ok, I changed the md5 to trust and saved. Click the restore dbase in PTO, and again it asks for a password (which it shouldn't at this stage...)" This never got followed up because as he says he uninstalled it all but it looks like exactly the problem I have. I suspect it is an issue with PTO and postgres 8.3.3 but I have no idea how to fix it.
fmny
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

Postby ptrack mike » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 pm

The same types of things have happened with PTHv2 and PostgreSQL 8.3. I know Pat has suggested that people use PostgreSQL 8.2.x instead for non-PT3 programs since 8.3 seems to work differently. I am reluctant to install 8.3 at this time for this reason.

If you enter dbpass as when the it prompts you for a password does the restore work?
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

Postby fmny » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:26 pm

I got frustrated and uninstalled everything. postgre 8.3.3 caused problems for PTS also. I kept getting an error about a missing zlib1.dl file when I tried to do a restore so I said enough of this. Now I've gone back to postgre 8.2.6 and fresh installs of all PT programs. Strange thing is that a restore in PTO and in PTS still asks me for my password even though all programs are running as admin and I've edited the hba_config file to say trust. I have to enter my password twice and then it does the restore. Not the worst thing in the world but very odd that the trust parameter is not working for me even though I've gone back to version 8.2.6 of postgre.
fmny
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: Can't restore DB after installing postgre 8.3.3

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Pat gave me some advice about the password issue. Since you are using Vista you have to actually edit the file as admin in order to have the changes saved. Go to Start > All Programs > PostgreSQL 8.2 > Config Files and then right-click on the Edit pg_hba.conf option and select 'run as administrator' from the menu to edit the file. I hope that helps.
ptrack mike
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 pm


Return to Poker Tracker Omaha

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests