Page 1 of 1

Error after the new update

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:58 pm
by BrĂ¡ulio Barroca
Good evening.

I backed up all my PT4 data as recommended before updating PT4 to the latest version.

However, when I tried to restore it, I received an invalid TOC message and it's impossible to restore PT4. I don't know why this happens, as I followed all the steps as indicated in the tutorial.

However, it seemed to me that all my data was correct after the new update, and so I've been playing normally without any problems. But today I received a message to perform a full database cache rebuild, and when I do that, PT4 crashes.

Re: Error after the new update

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:13 am
by Flag_Hippo
Please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this crash and grab your log file:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

To access the log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder - attach that to a Support Ticket. One thing to note is that every time you close/restart PokerTracker 4 it will begin a new log so you'll want to save/send that PokerTracker4.log file before restarting PokerTracker 4 again.